Pages

Saturday, August 9, 2008

Hamburgers and Mushroom Soup Gravy

My mom made this when I was growing up and it ended up being one of my kids' favorites. I had forgotten about it until the other night when my daughter asked me how I made it - apparently, those she's asked didn't get it quite right. Just something quick and simple and easy - we all have THOSE nights.

1 lb. ground beef (or ground turkey - I do use ground beef, extra lean though)
1 can Campbell's Cream of Mushroom Soup
Milk
Purple Onion

Make hamburger patties - 1 lb makes 3 large patties - season with salt, pepper and Season-All
While hamburger patties are cooking, mix 1 can Campbell's Cream of Mushroom soup and 1/2 can of milk (for 2 cans of soup, use 1 can of milk, etc. depending on how much you're making) and cook as directed on can - do NOT add water; you are replacing water with milk, only cutting in half so 'gravy' is thicker
Dice purple onion

Place cooked hamburger patty on plate and cover with Mushroom soup/gravy - top with onions and add salt/pepper to taste.
That's it! Enjoy!
 
Hamburger patties cooking

Mushroom soup/gravy cooking - I do always use Campbell's, generic brands tend to have a different flavor

For some reason, we always had purple onions on this - I must be a creature of habit!

Finished product - very good! (and cheap and easy!)

No comments: