Pages

Sunday, July 27, 2008

Broccoli Rice Casserole Recipe

This is my 'I better show up at family dinners with it' recipe. Please note that I do use 'name brand' ingredients as I've found that generic or cheaper versions alters the taste.

Ingredients:
1 cup rice (uncooked)
1 10 oz. can Cambell's Mushroom Soup
1 small jar Cheez Whiz
1/2 cup chopped onion
1/2 stick butter/margarine (to saute the onions)
1 small package chopped frozen broccoli

Set broccoli out to thaw a couple hours before preparing. I like my broccoli chopped, but if I can't find chopped and have to buy just frozen 'broccoli pieces', I chop it up smaller myself.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Prepare 1 cup of rice per package directions. While that is cooking, saute onions in butter in a small skillet.

Mix all ingredients ~ rice (while still warm ~ it causes the Cheez Whiz to melt and mix well), broccoli, sauted onions, Cheez Whiz and mushroom soup ~ into a square glass casserole and bake for 30-45 minutes or until slightly browned.

That's it ~ enjoy!

No comments: