Pages

Monday, August 4, 2008

How Can I Use Ground Turkey

I use ground turkey in meals that call for ground beef quite often. I do seek out buffalo/bison meat as the healthiest choice of meat (and, wow, what great flavor!). If I can't get buffalo/bison, my next choice is ground turkey with ground beef being my 'last chance' choice.

With ground turkey, you treat it the exact same as ground beef and unless you tell people, they don't even know the difference.

Ideas for ground turkey:

Spaghetti
Chili - for an quick & easy recipe, click here
Tacos
Queso Dip
Lasagne
Sloppy Joes
Enchiladas
Meatloaf
Goulash
Shepherd's Pie - for my recipe, click here
Stuffed Peppers
Homemade Pizza

Basically, if a recipe calls for ground beef, just replace with turkey and save yourself some calories and FAT!

No comments: