Pages

Monday, August 4, 2008

Quick & Easy Chili Recipe

Here's my recipe for a quick and easy chili that I make when I want chili, but don't have time to 'do it right'. This recipe is my own invention and is nearly as good as my regular chili.

Ingredients:
1 lb. ground turkey (or ground beef if you prefer)
1 can Bush's Chili Magic Traditional
1 can Bush's Chili Magic Texas Style
2 cans chili beans
1 can kidney beans
1 diced onion

Brown the ground turkey (or beef) - drain and add to crock pot
Dump all the cans in there and mix
Add the onion and mix
Cook on high crockpot setting for about an hour, then turn to simmer for a few hours - serve!

As an alternative, if I am in a big hurry, I make this in a pot on the stove in about an hour - just bring to a boil and then turn to low to simmer for as long as possible.

Also, I make this often and freeze for quick meals. I'll make a crock pot of chili, then divide into those single serving Glad freeze-n-serve containers. I also grab a bag of Fritos and divide into quart size freezer bags and stash those in the deep freeze or freezer as well. Fritos will keep for a long time and will not get soggy when you take them out.

When you need a quick meal, just grab a bag of Fritos and a container of chili. Thaw the chili in the microwave, then put Fritos on a plate or in a bowl and top with thawed and heated chili.

Top with cheese or onions if you want!

No comments: